Kansas City, MO
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director, Information Technology
Conducts full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities, design and implementation. Provides technical expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of company data. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
The Data Analyst makes recommendations about the methods and ways in which the organization obtains and analyses data to improve quality and the efficiency of data systems.
Gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends that can be turned into project requirements for custom-formatted data output. Then present it in ways to allow our associates, departments, and organization make better decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Identify, define and recommend new ways to streamline business processes.
- Work with departmental managers to outline the specific data needs for each business method analysis project
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Filter and “ clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Managing users and user roles to include training end users on new tools and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or related field and at least three years of performing the role of a data analyst; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing data-sets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.