Overland Park, KS US
The Corporate Controller is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Company’ s accounting records, maintaining the integrity of the internal control environment and managing all aspects of the monthly financial close. The role also has supervisory responsibilities for accounting staff members.
Controller is also responsible for supporting FP&A in the monthly financial reporting and budgeting process. The Controller is also responsible for overseeing all compliance functions for the Company including: monthly close, revenue recognition, income tax filings, sales tax filings and corporate registrations and filings.
- Maintains all accounting records consistent with GAAP and company policies.
- Involved in preparation of monthly and quarterly bank covenant reports.
- Plans, coordinates, and manages the annual audit and quarterly reviews of the Company’ s financial statements and control environment with outside audit firms.
- Takes a lead role in managing and/or coordinating the due diligence and integration of target companies in conjunction with other staff and outside professionals.
- Implement processes, policies and practices to ensure proper internal controls are in place and are monitored accordingly.
- Provides support to FP&A lead in the preparation of a monthly financial reporting package for the Company to its private equity parent and its business units and departments.
- Supervision of accounting department staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, motivating, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required, Master’ s degree preferred
- CPA, CMA, or advanced degree required
- SaaS software accounting experience preferred
- Auditing or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5 years management experience with the demonstrated ability to mentor and manage subordinates in a fast growing environment
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and software revenue recognition
- Enterprise accounting software experience (NetSuite, Sage, Intacct, etc.)
- Private equity reporting and internal control procedures a plus
About Morgan Hunter
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary staffing to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we’ re also responsive and efficient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker – because everyone deserves to find the right fit.