Overland Park, KS US
Job Description: Hospital Controller
Position Overview: This fast-growing local Hospital is looking for a "top flight" Controller who plays a critical role in the financial management and operational oversight of the hospital. This leadership position is responsible for directing and overseeing the hospital's financial activities, including budgeting, financial reporting, analysis, internal controls, and compliance. The Hospital Controller collaborates closely with executive leadership, department heads, and external stakeholders to ensure sound financial practices and the achievement of organizational goals.
- Develop and implement financial strategies, policies, and procedures to support the hospital's financial objectives.
- Collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and executive team in the development and execution of the hospital's financial plans.
- Monitor financial performance, identify trends, and provide strategic recommendations to optimize revenue and control costs.
- Ensure compliance with relevant financial regulations and reporting standards.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Lead the annual budgeting process, working closely with department heads to create realistic and achievable budgets.
- Provide financial projections and forecasts to guide decision-making and resource allocation.
- Monitor budget variances and work with department leaders to address any discrepancies.
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements, reports, and analyses for hospital leadership and external stakeholders.
- Analyze financial data to identify areas of improvement, cost-saving opportunities, and revenue enhancement.
- Present financial information to senior management in a clear and concise manner, facilitating informed decision-making.
Internal Controls and Compliance:
- Establish and maintain strong internal controls to safeguard hospital assets and ensure compliance with financial regulations and policies.
- Conduct regular audits to assess the effectiveness of financial controls and make recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors during audits and reviews.
- Collaborate with various departments, including operations, administration, and clinical teams, to align financial strategies with organizational goals.
- Work with vendors, suppliers, and insurance providers to negotiate favorable terms and optimize procurement practices.
- Supervise and mentor the finance and accounting team, providing guidance, training, and professional development opportunities.
- Foster a collaborative and positive work environment that encourages teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation highly desirable.
- Proven experience in hospital finance, accounting, or related healthcare financial management roles.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare regulations, reimbursement methodologies, and financial reporting standards.
- Proficient in financial software and ERP systems, with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, capable of interacting with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a finance team.
Join our dynamic healthcare organization as a Hospital Controller and contribute to the financial success and operational excellence of our hospital. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages along with opportunities for professional growth and development.