Overland Park, KS
Mid-sized, healthcare facility is seeking an experienced Controller to collaborate business goals through financial analysis and reporting and the development of short-term and long-term plans for strategic goals.
The Controller is a self-motivated, results-oriented individual who possesses strong analytical skills and strives for continuous improvement. He/she must display the personal characteristics of honesty, hard work, initiative, collaboration, attention to detail and timeliness. He/she adheres to the companies culture and mission statement by example and maintains good collaborative working relationships with everyone at all levels of the organization, outside advisors, vendors and clients.
Strong accounting, leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills are critical.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Our comprehensive benefits include 401K match, medical, dental and vision insurance, voluntary life and accident insurances, FSA dependent care, and paid time off. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Direct, oversee and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Accounting and Finance department, including general ledger, bank reconciliation, wire transfers, cash flow management, fixed asset record-keeping, billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and budgeting.
- Monitor compliance with all policies and procedures regarding accounting and finance practices to ensure accuracy in the finance and accounting systems while also protecting confidentiality of sensitive financial, business and client information.
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and year-end financial forecasts, reports and statements in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Work effectively with Leadership, clients, vendors, banks and auditors on all matters pertaining to taxes, receivables, payables, compliance reporting, and other financial topics.
- Collaborate with Practice Group Leaders and other Administrative Directors on the preparation and management of budgets.
- Other financial duties as assigned.
- Master’ s or Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience ***Healthcare Background is Desired***
- Minimum five (5) years prior accounting and finance experience.
- Unquestioned integrity and ethics.
- Proficiency with automated financial systems and Microsoft Excel.
- Proven record of leading, mentoring, motivating and developing strong teams.
- Demonstrated experience in improving processes, controls, efficiency and profitability.
- Executional excellence. Delivers results. Analyzes and solves problems, tactically and strategically, while prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills; good listening skills.