Overland Park, KS
The Controller is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Company’ s accounting records, maintaining the integrity of the internal control environment and managing all aspects of the monthly financial close.
Another key aspect of this position is to be able to provide insights and drive innovation to support the growth and deliver the financial goals set for the company.
The Controller has supervisory responsibilities for accounting and finance staff members. This position reports to the VP of Finance & Operations.
- Maintains all accounting records consistent with GAAP and company policies. Ensures general ledger accounts are reconciled and analyzed monthly, and that all significant issues are brought to the attention of the VP Of Finance & Operations in a timely manner
- Manage and oversee all billing, collections, payables and other accounting operational activities
- Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of quarterly bank covenant reports
- Provides support to FP&A lead in the preparation of a monthly financial reporting package for the Company to the executive team
- Takes the lead role in researching technical accounting and compliance subjects.
- Implement processes, policies and practices to ensure proper internal controls are in place and are monitored accordingly
- Review, recommend and replace current billing and payroll systems
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement.
- Manage the use of budgets.
- Hire and develop the staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required, Master’ s degree is a plus
- CPA, CMA, or advanced degree preferred
- Prior Controller or Assistant Controller level experience required
- Prior experience with billing and payroll system implementation is a big plus
- Minimum of 5 years management experience
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP required
- Superior analytical and technical skills combined with the ability to get into the details of basic accounting issues that impact the company yet understand the broader business and strategic issues faced by the company.
- Strong drive for results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; persists despite obstacles, ambiguity and opposition
- High Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications and Excel