Kansas City, MO
Our client in the Northland Kansas City Metro area is looking to bring on a new Controller to their team. This client is a premiere company with a great track record of successes.
The Controller will be responsible for the leadership, management and accountability of the Accounting and Finance Department, reporting directly to the VP of Finance and Accounting. The Controller will work closely with the VP of Finance and Accounting to develop a disciplined and proactive accounting and finance department that will support the growth of the business. Responsibilities include oversight of all accounting operations, financial reporting, daily cash management and internal controls.
• Maintenance and accuracy of the general ledger, balance sheet account reconciliations, billing, credit and collections, cash applications, accounts receivable, cash disbursements, accounts payable and payroll.
• Month-end close process and related journal entries along with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements, presentations and analysis.
• Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; supervise and lead accounting and finance staff.
• Oversight of all accounting activities to ensure accuracy and full
compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
• Manage and act as liaison with external auditors for year-end audits and tax returns preparation.
• Ensure compliance of industry best practices for accounting policies on both corporate and talent side.
• Lead the annual budgeting process along with the VP of Finance and Accounting.
• Analysis of financial results, develop strategic recommendations.
• Assist with cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
• Monitor and report on daily cash activities.
The candidate must have:
- at least five years experience in public or private accounting with a CPA
- at least three years experience using one of the more sophisticated integrated ERP systems such as Oracle, SAP or JD Edwards (others might be considered),
- have closed the books for normal month ends and year ends,
- can prepare complete financial statements and standard monthly management reports
- has experience supervising four or more people