Contract Payroll/Benefits Administrator
Kansas City, MO
Our client is a non-profit organization located in the Kansas City, MO area. They have an immediate opening for a part-time Payroll and Benefits Specialist. This position ensures that all aspects of Payroll and Benefits are maintained and processed in a timely and compliant manner.
Payroll and Benefits Specialist responsibilities include:
- Processes payroll administration, timekeeping and related records management.
- Manages benefits administration and new employee orientation.
- Maintains familiarity with company benefits plans; acts as first point of contact for all employee benefits inquiries.
- Administers the benefits side of the HRIS system, approving employee benefit transactions.
- Assist with processing claims for workers' compensation, disability and leave administration.
- Coordinates and may complete required reports, audits, fillings for payroll and benefits.
- Oversees the maintenance of confidential employee files and records.
Payroll and Benefits Specialist requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in business, human resources or related field.
- 3 years of payroll and benefits administration experience is required
- Must have intermediate knowledge of payroll regulations and payroll taxes.
- Must have some experience in maintaining records within an HRIS/payroll system.