Content Specialist - Copywriting - PR
Overland park, KS
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City Metro. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct-hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
One of my all-time favorite clients is seeking a Content & PR Specialist to join their team. The position requires strong writing skills (we will request samples) and be self-motivated and driven. This position is a Morgan Hunter exclusive and not posted elsewhere, so reach out today for a confidential conversation to see if my client is a match for you.
Why our client?
Our client offers a fantastic work culture and is a growing company. You will also find them to be a great place to work and you’ ll be surrounded by highly intelligent people such as yourself.
Content and PR Specialist (50% copywriting/editing, 25% PR and communications, 25% marketing strategy and promotions)
- This role takes ownership of all written content across the organization, manages the content calendar for all written media, handles SEO analytics, and will report on the company’ s online presence. The ideal candidate will have prior SEO content writing experience and experience with PR measurements.
- Creates highly engaging, dynamic written content and communication strategies across multiple channels for all products, launches, events, and promotions.
- Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role will work with internal stakeholders and other subject matter experts to gather information and write SEO optimized blogs and create compelling marketing copy for sales sheets, product descriptions, case studies, eCommerce landing pages, blog posts, online content, and email campaigns that stays true to brand positioning and messaging.
- This role will be the primary point of contact for the external PR agency and will help further company marketing and promotional efforts nationwide in B2C and B2B channels.
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple activities and tasks relative to our communications channels, events, and PR efforts.
- Update, organize and manage all company digital assets for SEO.
- Support channel-driven marketing projects and product launch elements to ensure brand standard adherence.
- Partner with peers throughout other departments to develop communications plans, goals, and content.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising, or relevant communications field or equivalent with at least 3-5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in professional digital copywriting, content strategy, or content optimization is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of written communications techniques and SEO as it translates to Search, Social and Digital platforms and metrics associated with measuring success.
- Must have an understanding of the product launch process from Product Development through pre-launch and post-launch support as it relates to communications and content internally and externally.
- Experience developing content for Business-to-Business and Business-to-Consumer.
- Proven ability to create and publish content that resonates with the intended audience.
- Experience creating video content a plus (but not required)
- Please be prepared to share a few relevant writing samples and/or content examples.
- Superior written and oral communication skills; overwhelming attention to detail
- Attention to detail and an eye for accuracy.
- Strategic problem-solving skills and a love for content challenges
- Strong understanding of eCommerce content best practices is preferred.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; versatile, flexible, and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, often with changing priorities; ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Driven by innate curiosity and self-motivation, demonstrates a proven ability to unearth the stories behind the stories.
- Strong creative writing ability in a variety of styles – particularly feature, online articles, and for sales and promotions – is critical.
- Ability to collaborate with other disciplines and teams, manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of corporate communications principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the Associated Press (AP) Stylebook is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong presentation skills to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Effective project management skills, the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, the ability to balance short and long-term priorities, and the ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Understanding of publication and video design, layout and production as well as visual communications.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
Who Should Apply?
Please note, our client will only consider applicants who are residing in the Kansas City metropolitan area. All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA with no restrictions. Our client does not offer H1-B sponsorships or transfers. Thank you!