Our client is seeking a Benefits Specialist. This position will be the first point of contact for benefits, leave programs, compensation and compliance programs.
Benefits Specialist responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the administration and coordination of all health and welfare benefits including health insurance, dental, vision life, disability, FMLA, workers’ compensation, COBRA, retirement plan, and flex spending accounts.
- Oversees benefit administration systems including carrier sites and benefit admin system/HRIS.
- Researches and ensures compliance with all legal requirements associated with our benefits according to federal, ERISA, IRS, state and other laws or regulations.
- Manages compliance with regard to the following programs: FMLA and non-FMLA leave, ADAAA, HIPAA Privacy, Workers’ Compensation, COBRA, Disability Plans, and ACA.
- Manages corporate wellness programs including wellness incentives and vendors; develops, implements, and delivers wellness communication strategy.
Benefits Specialist requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in employee benefits, human resources, and/or compliance.
- Strong knowledge of FMLA, ADAAA, Work Comp, ACA, ERISA, COBRA, and HIPAA.
- Experience with self-funded plans and stop loss carriers.
- PHR or SPHR certification strongly preferred.
- Experience with HRIS systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.