Kansas City, MO
The Benefits Specialist will assist clients and their employees with employee benefits. This is a 3 to 4-month contract opportunity.
Benefits Specialist responsibilities include:
- Assist Clients and employees by fielding and answering Employee Benefits related questions.
- Act as a liaison for the Client and their employees with insurance carriers, third party administrators and their respective enrollment platforms and websites.
- Perform new hire orientations and open enrollments and provide guidance for new hires regarding their enrollment paperwork, provider networks, employee contributions.
- Collect enrollment forms, changes, terminations; process in all applicable systems.
- Manage insurance claims issues, filings and procedures.
- Perform carrier billing audits and resolve discrepancies appropriately; prepare and process monthly billing.
Benefits Specialist requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field is required.
- 3 years of Human Resources experience with full breadth of generalist experience with working knowledge of employee benefits.
- Experience in working with HRIS Technology; experience with Peoplesoft and Kronos is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.