Overland Park, KS
The Benefits Administrator is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of benefits programs in this high growth organization. This position ensures the successful delivery of employee benefits, provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers and is responsible for accurate recordkeeping and reporting in payroll and benefits systems.
Benefits Administrator responsibilities include:
- Ensure successful administration of employee benefits programs, including: health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, workers’ compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, health savings account and 401(k).
- Administer the employee wellness program, planning wellness initiatives and activities, and promoting employee engagement and program rewards.
- Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company’ s benefits package. Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions.
- Conduct benefits orientation and training activities for new hires, employees newly eligible for benefits, and open enrollment.
- Perform plan audits. Provide necessary ad-hoc reports, ensuring records integrity.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files. Ensure the accuracy of benefits data in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information. Perform quality checks of benefits-related data, and track and audit benefit accruals.
- Process and administer all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork.
- Work with third party vendors to ensure appropriate management and monitoring of workers’ compensation claims.
- Ensure compliance with all federal programs such as HIPAA, COBRA and FMLA.
- Administer the tuition reimbursement program.
Benefits Administrator requirements include:
- Associate degree in Human Resources or related field, experience and/or other training or certification may be substituted for education.
- 5 or more years’ experience in benefits administration.
- Experience with California benefits administration a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Working knowledge of relevant laws and regulations applicable to FMLA, ADA, HIPAA and the ACA.
- Excellent communication and interactive skills; expresses thoughts and ideas clearly both verbally and in writing; establishes trust and confidence quickly.