B2B Sales Representative
Kansas City, MO US
Our business partner is looking for an experienced outside sales associate to manage Commercial and Government (they hold the exclusive contract for GSA Region 4 and Region 6 = 12 states) business opportunities. You won't be left on an island as our client takes a team approach to managing their relationships and services and their ability to manage subcontractors in and outside the states of Kansas & Missouri are critical to their continued industry success.
The Sales Specialist must be responsive both to the client and their team, articulate and clear about the scope of work and be able to put together written proposals for their new & existing clients. This position requires skills for securing new business and for managing the current clientele who utilize our partners services on a regular basis.
- Salary - $60-70k Base with OTE $100k+
- 3-5+ years sales experience preferred. Prior management experience would be nice, as over time this person may ultimately grow into a sales manager position.
- This will be a blended hunting/farming role. The sales rep will stay involved with the process from the introduction, quoting/estimating, close and completion of the project in addition to identifying new opportunities. A number of GSA leads will be incoming for this individual to manage
- They will be responsible for identifying new opportunities to grow business through incoming leads, mailers, referrals, calls/emails, networking events/groups, etc.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of services and pricing structure.
- Determine customer needs and propose appropriate service needs.
- Complete scheduled and cold call prospecting activities to establish first and follow up appointments with customer decision makers.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations and follow up with decision makers.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly.
- Regularly meet to review sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers.
- Desire to succeed in the business world
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills at multiple levels
- Comfortable in a fast paced, results-oriented environment
- MUST possess the following personality traits: Accountability, good listener, communicator, committed, competitive, customer focused, NETWORKED, quality conscious, results driven, trustworthy
- Our client is a 100+ year-old, 4th generation, family owned organization. They are also a certified Woman Owned Business that is also a GSA Schedule holder. They are experiencing tremendous growth in a competitive space.