Assistant Operations Manager
Kansas City, MO
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City Metro. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct-hire, temporary, and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations. The role listed below will be a direct-hire by our client.
One of my all-time favorite clients is seeking an Assistant Operations Manager to join their expanding team. In this integral role as Assistant Operations Manager, you will actively manage the continuous improvement of the distribution facility, focusing on productivity, customer service, associate engagement and development of the management team. You will direct the efficient and cost-effective operation of the warehouse facility, managing inbound activities that impact order-filling and stock replenishment. You will also oversee productivity, accuracy, current/future business planning, and loss prevention, ensuring customer requirements are met.
What You Can Expect, Your Responsibilities:
- Provide input and guidance to the development of warehouse plan, including staffing requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, tooling and equipment needs.
- Communicate goals, objectives and company directives to Managers, ensuring that Operations Managers, Department Managers, and Area Department Managers are coaching associates to maintain and exceed reasonable expectations.
- Regular development discussions with your staff, providing feedback, empowering personnel to make independent business decisions.
- Perform quarterly review of Operations Managers, Department Managers, and Area Department Managers against goals assigned.
- Coach and develop Managers by providing opportunities to develop skills, competencies and business knowledge.
- Solve problems and make decisions that affect associates, service, and productivity of the facility.
- Perform administrative activities associated with effective management warehouse operations, including compiling warehouse data reports.
- Maintain and enhance associate engagement and job satisfaction.
- Ensure associate safety through education and training, promoting safety awareness/accountability, and addressing potential hazards.
- Assist Director in developing and maintaining a rolling 12-month forecast of cases received and cartons shipped, to facilitate the proper placement of associates.
- Observe and attend daily huddles/weekly meetings, providing proactive feedback to meeting facilitators on their content and presentation.
Minimum required (to be considered as a qualified applicant):
- At least 5 years’ in a manager role in a distribution/warehouse environment with directly related experience
- Experience in managing Managers and coaching your team to meet productivity standards
- Knowledgeable of direct to consumer fulfillment operations
- Background with process improvement processes such as Six Sigma or LEAN (5S)
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to grow leaders
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of PC applications (MS Office)
Preferred Qualifications (a plus to your application):
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Management, Logistics, or related field