Assistant Operations Manager
Kansas City, MO
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City Metro. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct-hire, temporary, and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations. The role listed below will be a direct-hire by our client.
One of my all-time favorite clients is seeking an Assistant Operations Manager to join their team. Our client is a mid-sized international CPG company that is hiring leaders for their growing organization, and they are truly a fantastic place to work. This role could grow into a Senior Leadership role, so there is a fantastic future for anyone who joins my client in this role.
Summary of Position
The Assistant Operations Manager works with the Director of Operations; Directing, managing and coordinating the processes and activities of the company’ s operational employee teams including Order Processing, Customer Service, Shipping and Receiving, Inventory Forecasting, IT, Production Support and Engineering processes such as testing and quality. Accountable for improving the operational processes through leading and coaching employees daily.
- Ensures policies and procedures are followed to achieve Department and Corporate business goals.
- Ensures department success by hiring, training, developing, coaching, and evaluating direct reports.
- Creates and maintains an environment of trust; understanding of goals and objectives; and recognition of achievements. Evaluates performance and applies formal improvement policy as necessary.
- A key contributor to achieving goals and creating a culture of growth and teamwork.
- Engages as need as an agent of change.
- Ability to perform operational tasks as need throughout the organization.
- Provide recommendations on cost-efficient solutions to meet the company's needs and objectives through analyzing performance data.
- Meeting performance expectations and service metrics as defined by Senior Leadership.
- Balancing the achievement of various performance measures and expectations of clients.
- Managing employee capacity and accountability in collaboration with peers to continue business growth.
- Talent and change management initiatives by evaluating and improving operational costs and processes.
- Establishing teamwork within the operations areas to achieve success.
- Initiate Lean principles and concepts to improve overall operational efficiency.
- Ability to work with different people across a team effectively.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with process improvement.
- Execution of business and strategic plans.
- Experience in complex project management.
- Change agent.
- Technical ability to solve problems and troubleshoot products.
- Experience in team building.
- Experience in warehouse operations.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’ s degree in business administration.
- 5+ years of experience, including 3 years of directly related management experience.
- Hands-on and detailed orientated.
- Passion for process improvement
This position is a Morgan Hunter exclusive and not posted elsewhere, so reach out today for a confidential conversation to see if my client is a match for you.