Overland Park, KS US
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for providing accounting, regulatory reporting, and management in support of the company's operations. The role requires working effectively under tight deadlines, attention to detail, and consistently accurate, high-quality analyses. Position reports to the Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions, such as month-end closing, preparation of financial statements, general ledger reconciliation, and financial reporting.
- Assist with all external audits, including financial, tax, and regulatory, as necessary.
- Manage tax compliance - Federal, state & local returns, property tax filings, and supervise the third-party tax return preparer.
- Oversee preparation of financial reporting package to facilitate senior management review.
- Manage intercompany reconciliations.
- Assist with research and implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Provide timely and accurate accounting information in response to management requests, as needed.
- Analyze financial information with a key focus on control and compliance while addressing any new requirements.
- Assist with monitoring credit covenants and analysis on cash management along with the monthly reporting package.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial regulatory reporting.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes.
- Support the Controller in overseeing audit and examination related processes throughout the year.
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business;or equivalent experience in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience overseeing financial teams and systems
- CPA preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and ability to perform technical accounting research as required.
- High level of proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with a broad range of accounting systems, including general ledger, ERP, accounts payable
- Demonstrated track record of process development and improvement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Comfortable with confidential information and/or issues and using appropriate discretion and judgment.
- Up to $120K + bonus
- Hybrid working model
About Morgan Hunter
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary staffing to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we’re also responsive and efficient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker –because everyone deserves to find the right fit.