Overland Park, KS US
Are you looking for an entry level role combining your expertise with processing financial information, reporting, and analyzing information? One of our clients is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to compliment and assist their team. In this position you will perform invoice processing, file and vendor management functions.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Accurately and efficiently process invoices for multiple vendors
- Communicate discrepancies as needed
- Batch for payment all purchase orders with matching invoices
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process checks requests
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- Respond to all vendor inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Post daily payments to the general ledger
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Prior financial experience is required
- Must have excellent computer skills including, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions
- Exceptional mathematical skills
- Must be highly self-motivated, but a great team-player!
About Morgan Hunter
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary staffing to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we’ re also responsive and efficient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker – because everyone deserves to find the right fit.