Accounts Payable Associate
Leawood, KS US
We have a hybrid Accounts Payable Associate opportunity for a person possessing at least 2 years’ clerical accounting + customer service experience! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills (both verbal & written), with a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to problem solve. If you pride yourself as an independent self-starter, willing to analyze problems, offer solutions, and are detail oriented, we’ d love to chat!
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Accurately and efficiently process invoices for multiple vendors
- Communicate discrepancies as needed
- Batch for payment all purchase orders with matching invoices
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process checks requests
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks, and distribute checks accordingly
- Respond to all vendor inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Reconcile vendor statements, research, and correct discrepancies
- Post daily payments to the general ledger
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Prior Accounts Payable experience is preferred
- Must have excellent computer skills including, Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions
- Exceptional mathematical skills
- Must be highly self-motivated, but a great team-player!
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary stafﬁ ng to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we're also responsive and efﬁ cient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker— because everyone deserves to ﬁ nd the right ﬁ t.