Kansas City, MO
Our client is a dynamic insurance company with locations and they are seeking strong candidates for the Accounting Manager role.
- Month-end closing and daily processes.
- Prepares monthly site by site financials, departmental statements, and consolidated financial statements.
- Prepares detailed revenue and adjustments schedules.
- Oversees the preparation of monthly journal entries for all accounts.
- Oversees monthly variance analysis of accounts and documents changes for distribution to Site Managers and Plants.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts utilizing schedules and spreadsheets for account analysis.
- Supervises accountants.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budget & subsequent revisions.
- Involved in annual audit reports including coordination with outside audit firm. Provide supporting schedules and documentation.
- Perform various financial analyses on an on-going and as-needed basis as requested by management and physicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager, preferably in a manufacturing/distribution environment.
- Must have supervisory experience, in an accounting department.
- Excellent computer skills - knowledge of Microsoft Excel a must; SAP or other large system experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates a high quality of ethics and adheres to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
Job pays up to $100K.