Overland Park, KS
Detailed Tasks and Responsibilities
- Identification of proper GL coding, distribution (when necessary) and processing of all cash, checks, lockbox receipts and credit card transactions that come in to Accounting.
- Enter/post cash receipts to appropriate customer accounts or verified GL account coding via the applicable AR system.
- Verify accuracy of GL account coding before entering/posting.
- Prepare posting reports with support document for live cash receipts deposits
- Process check and credit card refunds ensuring complete documentation from staff for processing.
- Process miscellaneous adjustments associated cash receipts, customer receivable accounts and revenue
- Invoice/order cancellations ensuring proper documentation for processing
- Invoice/order discounts or other pricing adjustments
- Payment transfers
- NSF Checks, Stop Payments and Chargebacks
- Generate invoices companies, subsidiaries, and partners for various products and services. This includes interacting with program staff to ensure the appropriate product/service is being billed and revenue is being recorded to the appropriate GL coding.
- Respond to requests from internal and external customers via email, over the phone or in person in a tactful and professional demeanor within established time frames.
- Participates in the monthly close process related to cash receipts accounts receivable and revenue. Provide accounting support as assigned to ensure that monthly closing schedule tasks and deadlines are met and financial statements are generated on time.
- Ensure responsibilities and tasks are completed in compliance with established policies and procedures for receivables and revenue processing. Suggests changes/updates to procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- An Associate’ s Degree or higher or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working with cash receipts, billing, payment account analysis, accounts receivable, revenue, deferred revenue recognition and accounting journal entries; previous experience in a professional society or association preferred.
- Experience with account reconciliations desirable.
- PC proficiency, including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Attentiveness to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Must have a tactful and professional demeanor with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply established policies, standards, and processes and suggest revisions.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with staff at all organizational levels. Strong personal integrity. Ability to achieve results in a complex environment.
- Customer focused with assertive, self-confident personality. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks.