Kansas City, MO
Morgan Hunter is looking for a talented and energetic Account Manager to help us execute strategic and effective marketing plans for one of our clients.
You’ ll work with clients to support integrated multi-channel marketing campaigns. You should be extremely detail-oriented; obsessed with grammar, spelling and the written word; and a champion of consistent messaging. We’ re looking for someone with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to easily pivot from writing fresh creative to authoring an in-depth case study to crafting a clever blog and social media to support it without breaking a sweat.
- Serve as an account manager to work directly with clients to craft strategy and meet their day-to-day needs.
- Create compelling marketing copy for sales sheets, online content and email campaigns that stays true to brand positioning and messaging.
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists and editors on a local and national level.
- Seek publicity opportunities, including distributing company news, scheduling media interviews, or setting up speaking engagements.
- Assist in the preparation of award submissions, including writing and editing.
- Work closely and build relationships with clients.
- Work with print and online vendors to establish quotes, production schedules and delivery of materials.
- 3-5+ years of business experience working in a professional or corporate environment. Ad/marketing agency experience is a plus.
- Experience writing, copyediting and proofreading is preferred
- Proficient with social media platforms.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator).
- Highly skilled in research practices and instinctively know where to access information online.
- A self-starter (proactive versus reactive in style), and strong professional interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively manage projects by possessing a sense of urgency and use of best practices in meeting project deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at once to completion.
- Proven ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment while working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing start-up work environment.
- Bachelor’ s degree in journalism, public relations or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Proficient use of applicable technology.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.