Account Manager - Employee Benefits
Kansas City, MO
The Account Manager provides the highest level of customer service in servicing, supporting, and coordinating Clients’ accounts.
Account Manager responsibilities include:
- Services designated book of business as relating to marketing, claims, and administration.
- Responds to Client’ s inquiries and maintains documentation of Client communications, existing issues, and issue resolutions.
- Supports implementation or transition of new/existing lines of coverage by setting up account, collecting needed documentation, and reviewing plan details with Client and Carrier.
- Requests and collects quotes (new and renewal) from carriers as instructed.
- Monitors Client data to ensure data integrity.
- Assesses and interprets claims experience for the Client.
- Analyzes quotes from carriers to determine appropriate recommendations for Client.
- Obtains policy, then conducts a contract comparison to ensure completeness.
- Monitors receipt of quotes from carriers once submitted and negotiated by more senior staff.
- Generates materials for Client presentations and meetings, including all material and on-site meetings involved with the benefit enrollment life cycle.
Account Manager requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or years of experience equivalent.
- 1 year of Client services experience in Employee Benefits is required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated understanding of industry trends and governmental regulations.