Vice President of Supply Chain Operations
Overland Park, KS
The individual will develop and execute an integrated strategy related to current and future needs and distribution roadmap to deliver low cost, high quality products, industry-leading flexibility, and customer satisfaction. This position will play a strategic leadership role while also ensuring the company’ s every day operational activities run smoothly and effectively.
- Oversee the supply chain from purchase order to delivery, including order fulfillment, shipping, receiving and inventory management.
- Responsible and accountable for the efficient operation of the Company’ s integration distribution centers.
- Accountable for integration of supply chain activities across the organizations leading to optimal customer service, product supply, inventory investment and cost.
- Responsible to help develop a materials planning function for goods and materials, create integrated processes among Operations, Purchasing, Logistics, and outside suppliers to execute the planning/replenishment process.
- Participate with senior management in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives related to supply chain management.
- Ensures compliance with specified contract metrics, operational, and personnel activities in the integration center, and maintains high standards of operational activities, introducing a lean manufacturing concept where applicable.
- Ensures quality management system procedures are implemented throughout functional groups.
- Plan, direct and implement logistics operations and administrative support to meet prescribed productivity and service goals.
- Develop an annual operating budget and manage a system of controls to ensure service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue and profit parameters.
- Identify competitive strategies and evaluate, adjust or redraft the organization’ s supply chain programs accordingly ensuring thorough communication of imperatives and action items to the team
- Responsible for operations and managing best practices with a strong emphasis on production efficiencies and asset utilization; ensure the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities, human resources, equipment and products in a profitable manner.
- Develop, document, and train on warehouse and logistics standard operating procedures and best practices, including multiple sites/multiple geographies.
- Forecast demands to ensure just in time inventory increases efficiency and reduces inventory costs.
- Assist in the execution of customer care standards for all accounts, communicating these standards to all personnel. Maintain appropriate contact with all accounts and respond to requests when required.
- Lead and coach team to drive high performance culture to accommodate rapid and dynamic growth with results in operational excellence and high employee engagement.
- Recruit, retain and develop outstanding team
- Bachelor’ s degree required. MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience within Supply Chain and Logistics operations.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manager or director level role is required.
- APICS or Supply Chain Certification is preferred
- Experience with transportation, inventory management, global sourcing and international logistics
- Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Ability to discuss a wide range of topics from business strategy to the tactical execution of the strategy.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, motivational, analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to build cross-functional partnerships and engage in and lead cross-functional teams and initiatives
- Strong change management skills and experience
- Demonstrated negotiation and management leadership skills
- Must have working knowledge of facilities, equipment, operations and management
- Experience with developing and monitoring production strategies and performance metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with dynamic priorities and demands
- Experience in developing flexible fulfillment models including Dynamic Fulfillment, Last Mile Delivery, Direct Replenishment and Automated Services
- Strategic material management and procurement experience in order to maximize volume discounts with key partners