Vice President of Human Resources
Kansas City, MO
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources. This position Resources is responsible and accountable for all activities of the HR Department. Primary responsibilities include developing and executing strategy with respect to human capital, supporting the strategic direction of the company through talent management, its approach to compensation and benefits, compliance with and reporting on labor regulatory requirements, retention and succession planning, The VP of Human Resources is responsible for all human capital related matters across the organization.
VP of Human Resources responsibilities include:
- Articulate HR needs and plans to Senior Leadership Team and its Board of Managers as requested.
- Align HR practices and resources to the needs of the organization and its strategic direction.
- Develop, implement, and maintain strategic direction for HR Department.
- Manage staff of HR Department for high growth company; develop strategies and programs promoting a Business Partner model for the organization.
- Provide oversight of recruiting strategies, and develop, implement, and maintain changes to recruiting when appropriate.
- Promote market-based, and scalable, compensation and benefit programs for employees; conduct surveys, develop benchmarks, and articulate market changes to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Accountable for ensuring the company is compliant with federal and state labor regulations.
- Develop and manage the HR Department’ s budget.
- Maintain oversight of Human Resources Information Management system.
- Analyze, monitor, and identify strategic gaps and risks related to talent recruitment and employee performance; analyze trends in recruitment, turnover, promotions and complaints.
VP of Human Resources requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resource Management or related field; Master’ s degree is preferred.
- 10 years of experience in Senior level HR role is required.
- Human Resources Certification is required.
- Previous experience at large, or otherwise complex, organization is required.
- Proficient with HR Information Systems; experience with UltiPro is preferred.
- Previous experience with federal contract standards and requirements is preferred.
- Experience with developing scalable HR programs within a fast paced and quickly changing corporate setting.
- Proven ability to develop and execute a course of action consistent with company strategy.
- Demonstrated ability in advising and influencing executives regarding key decisions affecting human capital.