Overland Park, KS
For Staff Accountant
A global manufacturing company in the southern suburbs of Kansas City is recruiting for a Staff Accountant to add to their team. The Staff Accountant will play a key role on the accounting and finance team by delivering timely and accurate information to provide a sound basis for management decisions. This organization has thrived since the 1960’ s and excels by providing excellent products, customer service and growing and developing their internal talent. It's an intense, fast-paced, results oriented organization. In this organization employees are rewarded for what they do, not for what they say they will do. This company offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package, flexible work schedules and a whole lot more!
The ideal candidate would have 1+ years of experience in accountant performing: journal entries, general ledger maintenance, bank account reconciliations, multi state sales and use tax filings and financial statement preparation.
· Journal Entries / General Ledger maintenance
· Multi-State tax filings and sales and use exposure
· Ad Hoc Reporting
· Fixed Asset management
· Financial Statement preparation
· Special assignments as the need arises
Required Skills & Experience
· BS/BA Degree in Accounting or Finance
· 1+ years accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office: specifically Microsoft Excel Ex: Pivot Tables & V-Look Ups preferred
· Experience with Great Plains or SAP software a plus
Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills