Sr. Software Engineer
Kansas City, MO
- Collaborate with developers, UX, and product owners to create digital experiences that balance technical function, user experience, and business outcomes.
- Design, build, maintain and improve web applications and services using test driven development.
- Assist developers in adopting current and competitive web industry standards like test-driven development, container-based delivery, and continuous integration.
- Design system architecture for projects that can adapt to business needs.
- Build and refactor existing web services into RESTful APIs and micro-services.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for current systems or added features.
- Create and maintain documentation on internal architecture and design approaches.
- Mentor the back-end development team, perform code reviews, and facilitate a unified standard of software engineering best practices.
- Supervise the security, performance, and scalability of our back-end architecture.
- Keep current with changing trends in web development and software design patterns.
- Sets the standards for best practices as they relate to back-end development.
- Coordinates code merges and deploys.
- Monitor digital trends and emerging technologies to continuously evolve skills and explore relevant ways to implement into growing our creator brands in the digital space.
- Strong proficiency in at least two major languages, such as Ruby, Node.Js, Python, Go, or Java.
- Advanced working knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to work successfully with team members, associates, managers, consultants, and outside partners with diverse backgrounds and objectives who have a variety of communication and working styles.
- Ability to conduct in-depth research into project-related issues and products for best possible solutions.
- Calm under stress, with a healthy sense of humor.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5+ years of back-end work experience or equivalent education and work experience.
- Passionate about technology, all aspects of the back-end, and improving development processes in a team environment.
- Understanding of the fundamentals technologies of the web including HTTP, SSL, HTML, CSS, and XML.
- Experience with deployment, provisioning, and automation tools.
- Experience with API development and service orientated architecture.
- Experience with MySQL databases.
- Agile product development experience a plus.
The ideal hire is someone who is a at a senior level with the ability to architect solutions, the knowledge to understand the problem well enough to know if technology should solve the problem, and the skill to invigorate the team into thinking how they can leverage technology to solve business and creative problems.