Sr. Network Engineer
Kansas City, MO
Morgan Hunter is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer to work with a growing client. Your work will make a direct impact on an organization that's been repeatedly named as one of Kansas City's fastest growing tech companies!
This position will ensure reliable and effective system infrastructure services through installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server and network hardware and software. The Sr. Network Engineer will analyze and resolve high level system hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. This individual will gather requirements, design solutions and plan and execute implementations using best practices and standards. This candidate is expected to have the expertise to enhance the existing system design, implement additional system elements and provide ongoing support and maintenance, including all analysis tools and monitoring. This individual must be proactive with a strong desire to innovate and work in a team environment.
This Sr. Network Engineer will:
- Effectively diagnose and troubleshoot high level computer malfunction relating to faulty hardware, software, server and/or network
- Maintain and oversee the backup strategy of all servers
- Implement and oversee wireless network, converged Voice, Video and Data networks
- Communicate effectively regarding maintenance of networked technologies
- Implement quality control procedures to improve uptime of network and server devices
- Deploy and maintain server operating systems and software
- Design and engineer Microsoft AD, Email, Messaging, DHCP, DNS, and SCCM servers, Cisco Call Manager, Unity and Emergency Responder Servers and applications
- Coordinate with network team and other teams to design and implement automated deployment and maintenance technologies
- Design the installation of network hardware, software, systems documentation, and training.
- Lead special technology projects as required
- Research, develop, and implement new technologies and best practices
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- CCNP Certification REQUIRED
- MCSE Certification PREFERRED
- Comprehensive knowledge in IP & VoIP networking, data communications and systems engineering with an understanding and experience dealing with multi-service IP networks, data network strategies, multi-vendor equipment and network protocols
- Knowledge and experience in Cisco, Meraki, Microsoft, and VMware
- Knowledge of VBScript, PowerShell and other scripting languages.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL clusters in a production environment
- Experience using automated deployment and maintenance technologies
- Familiarity with load balancers
- Design and maintain a VMware-based environment
- Warranty procedures for network and server devices
- Extensive knowledge and experience understanding industry best practices on network architecture and engineering experience in a robust network, product/service and system design, security, and implementation strategies