Senior Product Manager - CPG
Kansas City, MO
Are you an idea person who has the proven ability to execute and who also lives and breathes NEW Product Development? Are you able to look at competitors and come up with new products and brands to grow a business? Are you looking for an exciting company and industry where you will have consistent C-Suite exposure to grow your career? Are you truly pumped when your idea turns into a product that hits the store shelves? If you are answering yes, then our client is a great match for you.
The Senior Product Development Manager is solely tasked with developing and managing new private label products in the Consumer Electronics space. We want someone who is passionate about new product development and trend analysis who can bring new products/brands to market to help grow our client’ s domestic business. Your job will include ideation of concepts, pitching and presenting to internal stakeholders, working with third party contract manufacturers, as well as providing on-going competitive research and management of SKU’ s. You MUST be able to execute.
If you’ ve spent your career focusing on current product lines and adding features and benefits, this role isn’ t for you. Our client wants people who love to come up with the next greatest products for companies and who can back up their ideas with data, and then walk that product from the ideation phase to full product launch.
- Lead full product ranges and individual SKU’ s through the entire product development lifecycle-from early concept to launch and optimization.
- Product to Market Experience (has developed products and not handed off to a team)
- Project manager of the product development schedule, including key milestones in the process.
- Coordinate formulations, submissions, product testing, packaging selection, and manufacturing timelines with third party contract manufacturers.
- Analyze product performance and market trends, including total market, company market, competitor market, and available market share, to develop a pipeline of new products that meet marketplace and customer needs.
- Manage product cost and responsible for achieving cost targets.
- Prepare and provide forecasts for initial product range and individual SKU launches.
- Can substantiate or justify product ideas based on market data.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited University is required.
- 2-5 years of experience in consumer-packaged goods (CPG) product development or innovation.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Strong analytical thinker.
- Team player who is also an independent thinker, self-motivated, self-starter and a creator.
- Entrepreneurial, passionate and collaborative.
- Leadership capability (Role has potential to move to a Director Role)
- Experience with overseas factories and working to communicate product features, specs etc.
- Needs to have “ tough” skin to deal with ownership being involved.
- Someone that can bring ideas and execute on them quickly, not just an idea person.