Senior Financial Analyst
Kansas City, MO
Senior Financial Analyst Responsibilities:
- The Senior Financial Analyst will assist in the development and consolidation of the annual operating plans for Business Units, partnering with various departments within the organization.
- Complete the monthly and annual forecasting of performance across product lines.
- Serve as a liaison between the finance department and the business division to proactively support the effective management of operating expenses.
- Develop insightful ad hoc analysis of operating expenses, including headcount, T&E, and development.
- The Senior Financial Analyst will assist in month-end closing by calculating accrual requirements, preparing cause of variance reporting and generating detailed analysis for executive reviews.
- Provide accurate and timely monthly and quarterly reporting packages including but not limited to consolidated financial statements, flash reports, detailed global P&L’ s, and division specific reporting.
- The Senior Financial Analyst is also responsible for preparing presentations and analysis for monthly and quarterly business review meetings.
- Support the development of Capital Projects and Expenditures.
- BS Degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA, CPA are both highly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a fast paced environment in an analytical capacity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to influence and demonstrate confidence in communications with senior level management, and provide overall decision support.
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Well organized with an ability to manage tasks efficiently.
- The Senior Financial Analyst will have proven leadership ability, as well as strength in building internal partnerships.
- Must demonstrate ability to positively influence results and collaborate cross functionally
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including deadline-sensitive priorities.
- Flexibility in adjusting and re-prioritizing in order to meet changing needs in a fast-paced work environment
- Team player possessing a strong work ethic and drive for results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint