Overland Park, KS
The Senior Accountant contributes to Companies success by helping to ensure the financials are prepared accurately and presented timely to management. This position contributes to the monthly close process by assisting the team with month end close tasks, account reconciliations and review, analysis of variances and trends, and providing timely and useful internal and external reports. This position will also cross-train with others in the accounting group to provide back-up support as necessary as well as assist in the review of processes and ensure the narratives are current and up to date.
- Perform general accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resulting managerial reports and financial statements.
- Prepare journal entries, accruals, allocations and account reconciliations.
- Analyze assigned balance sheet accounts which include detailed analysis, investigation of reconciling items and resolve necessary items.
- Participate in the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting close.
- Research and clear aged, accounting items in a timely manner.
- Prepare various internal & external reports and metrics.
- Analyze certain income statement accounts and prepare re-class journal entries if required.
- Thoroughly understand the assigned balance sheet accounts and its impact on the financial statements.
- Prepare supporting documentation for all account reconciliations that is relevant, complete, concise, and conclusive.
- Prepare schedules and reports in support of annual and interim audits.
- Document and process all transactions are in accordance with Company policies and procedures as well as U.S. GAAP.
- Perform internal controls to help ensure compliance with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Perform ad-hoc projects requested by management.
- BS/BA in Accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. GAAP principles and concepts, including the ability to effectively analyze and interpret financial data in order to prepare and reconcile financial reports, ledgers and accounting journals.
- Understanding of basic internal controls sufficient to analyze transactions and activity to determine whether they comply with regulations, terms and conditions and policies and procedures
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task among several projects
- Advanced Excel required
- 5 years of experience is preferred.
- CPA or CPA track a plus
- SAP Experience a plus