Overland Park, KS
Senior Accountant - Retail / Private Equity Growth Company
Our client is a highly successful, multi-channel company with nationwide presence. They a reputable brand with a focus on growth and profitability. Why should you take this Senior Accountant position?
- They offer a dynamic, entrepreneurial company culture and high growth opportunities
- The ability to make an impact and contribute
- Work along great pedigree accountants with strong audit/public accounting experience
- Great leadership from upper management
- Professional and easy-going working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant
- Manage the month-end close activities including journal entries, preparing account reconciliations, and preparing and analyzing data reports.
- Review, prepare and analyze accounting transactions, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and provide variance explanations for both internal and external analysis.
- Responsible for statutory reporting, quarterly and financial reporting packages.
- High-level understanding of U.S. GAAP principles and overall strong technical accounting skills required to financial reporting, month-end close process, and consolidations.
- Lead, mentor, and supervise direct reports and provide recommendations on employee reviews and professional development
- Special ad-hoc projects as requested by senior management upon request.
Skills/Qualifications of the Senior Accountant
- 3-5 years of public accounting or corporate accounting experience.
- We are industry agnostic – we are looking for the right combination of strong accounting/reporting exposures and the ability to help evolve an existing infrastructure for a high-growth company
- Significant hands-on role in refining the reporting and day-to-day accounting operations; ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization to articulate an understanding of the business through the numbers
- Solid knowledge of accounting standards, processes, reporting and systems
- Hands-on approach with attention to detail, organization, reliability and a “ get it done" attitude – and will dive in to get things done right, with high quality verbal and written skills
- Willing to “ role up his/her sleeves", operate at any level (from senior management to the lowest level of the organization), and do whatever it takes to insure the successful execution and growth of the business
- Must take pride in excellence and have the initiative to keep striving for improvement and learning while delegating and developing a strong supporting team
- Strong partnership and collaborative style with outstanding communication skills: written, verbal and presentation
- Excellent time and project management abilities; self-motivated and highly experienced with multi-tasking
Salary Range for Senior Accountant role: $70, 000 - $80, 000 annually + Bonus