Overland Park, KS
Morgan Hunter is partnered with a highly recognized Kansas City company that is headquartered in here. Our client is looking to hire a Senior Accountant for their growing team. This individual will be responsible for supporting external and internal financial reporting processes. In addition, the individual will be responsible for month-end close activities, reporting financial results, and answering complex accounting questions. The company offers excellent benefits, a competitive 401K plan, room for career progression, and a collaborative culture.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Participate in the monthly close process which will include preparing consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare month-end journal entries and GL analysis while maintaining compliance with GAAP.
- Prepare 10-K and 10-Q's for SEC reporting
- Implement accounting procedures and recommending changes to management
- Analyze account reconciliations and support investigating accounting questions
- Maintain SOX compliance documentation and assist with ad hoc projects assigned by management
- Work cross functionally with the finance department on internal reporting
Qualified Candidates Will Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA is required
- 2+ years pf experience in public accounting
- Strong knowledge of SEC reporting requirements
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills