Overland Park, KS
A leader in the manufacturing industry in the Kansas City Area is recruiting for a Senior Accountant to add to their team. The Senior Accountant will play a key role on the accounting and finance team by delivering timely and accurate information to provide a sound basis for management decisions. The Senior Accountant will be exposed to all areas of the accounting department so the individual in the position can continue to grow their career with the company.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Participate in the monthly close process which will include preparing consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare month-end journal entries and GL analysis while maintaining compliance with GAAP.
- Implement accounting procedures and recommending changes to management
- Analyze account reconciliations and support investigating accounting questions
- Maintain SOX compliance documentation and assist with ad hoc projects assigned by management
- Work cross functionally with the finance department on internal reporting
Qualified Candidates Will Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA is required
- 2+ years pf experience in public accounting
- Strong knowledge of SEC reporting requirements
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills