Senior Account Manager
Kansas City, MO
Our client is seeking a Senior Account Manager to serve as a primary service contact for an assigned book of business. This role develops a strong working relationship with primary contact for the client and demonstrates ownership of accounts by responding to client requests for service assistance; acts as a liaison between client and carrier, working on behalf of the client. Be a part of this organization that focuses on its associates, clients and community!
Senior Account Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for routine service which includes the preparation of: monthly experience reporting, standard mid-year analysis, development and execution of service schedule, standard annual management report.
- Meet with clients in conjunction with Account Executive (AE) or Unit Manager
- Coordinate client mid-year/renewals; prepare renewal reports, prepares employee communication materials and schedule and conduct employee meetings.
- Conduct all marketing efforts as assigned by unit; develops RFP’ s, provides analysis and comparison of proposals, prepares client reports, prepares implementations schedules, coordinates employee communication materials utilizing carrier and client information and schedules and participates in enrollment meetings.
- Review of all agreements and/or documents such as employee booklets and carrier contracts.
- Review annual commission/fee reconciliation and prepare reporting for AE/Unit Manager.
- Practice proactive follow-up on all outstanding issues by communicating status of each to the AE/Unit Manager.
Senior Account Manager Requirements Include:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or a related field.
- 4 years of experience in the insurance industry, specifically in the employee benefits area is required.
- 2 years Account Management experience required.
- Current experience in a broker or consulting environment strongly preferred.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to develop sound relationships with multiple clients.
- Required insurance licenses or ability to obtain immediately.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of employee benefit plans.