Regional Sales Manager - (TX/LA)
Eastern TX, Northern LA
Regional Sales Manager
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will generates the sales of custom industrial protection solutions which include: rupture discs, vent, explosion protection, and oil & gas products in the Golden Triangle region (Eastern Texas and Northern Louisiana.) The RSM will maintain and improve sales within the territory by meeting and exceeding sales objectives. The RSM will provide assistance and develop relationships with clients and prospective clients. Additional responsibilities will include the introduction and promotion of new product lines and evaluating market potential for those product lines within the assigned territory.
- Secure orders from existing and potential customers by means of visiting the customer facility.
- Provide follow-up efforts on leads generated from advertising, trade shows, or other market means.
- Follows-up on proposals by phoning or visiting the customer within the assigned territory.
- Establish, develop and maintain professional customer relationships with decision makers in purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality or other key personnel at existing accounts.
- Establish new relationships with potential customers at competitor accounts.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products, supplier and distribution.
- Promote product offerings through sales presentations and distributions of product literature.
- Writes proposals, issues quotations, and determines pricing and follows-up quotation by phone or visit.
- Develop sales plan, monitor forecasts/actual sales, plan and schedule sales calls, conduct prospect analysis, and track customer orders and monitor delivery times.
- Develop market analysis on a yearly and as needed basis. Compile and provide pipeline report.
- Generate monthly regional activity report.
- Represent organization at trade shows and exhibits to promote products.
- Prepare sales presentation to support products and distribution.
- Consult with engineering firms in an effort to promote usage of products in upcoming projects.
- Work with sales support staff for quotations, telephone quotation follow-ups, purchase order issues, and in coordinating communications with factory technical, engineering and quality support personnel.
- Required: Bachelor’ s Degree in a technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience in technical, sales, or marketing field.
- Five+ years’ experience selling products in the fire suppression industry and/or the fire alarm sales industry or related industry.
- Knowledge of sales principles and practices.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must possess excellent communications skills and exchange information with others clearly and concisely, ability to present ideas, facts and some technical information.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Understanding of related safety products.
- Must be capable of working with a high degree of personal discipline.
- Ability to travel with potential up to 50%.
- Preferred: Advanced knowledge of related fire safety products. Understanding of the NFPA standard and other related code requirements.
**APPLICANT MUST ALREADY LIVE WITHIN THE DESIGNATED TERRITORY**