Recruiter Human Resources
Overland Park, KS
Morgan Hunter Education is currently seeking a Staffing Specialist to meet the needs of our growing business.
MHED partners with local school districts to provide qualified professional substitute teachers. The Staffing Specialist is responsible for being the main point of contact for all of the substitute teachers and school secretaries. This position interviews, hires, trains and places substitute teachers into the classrooms of our partnered school districts.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Manage the substitute software system and identify the needed substitute teachers for each day.
- Make a high volume of phone calls to our pool of substitute teachers throughout the day to ensure all jobs are filled
- Deliver performance feedback to substitute teachers.
- Work closely with school secretaries to identify upcoming absences.
- Conduct weekly Orientation training for newly hired substitute teachers.
- Continuously recruit, Interview and hire substitute teachers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’ s Degree preferred.
- Ability to work early morning shifts. 6: 00 am to 3: 00 pm
- Background in education field preferred.
- A self-starter with outstanding problem-solving skills and able to operate under pressure with urgency.
- Able to multi-task at a high level, yet maintain a close attention to detail.
- Effectively demonstrate competence in phone skills and ability to make a high volume of phone calls.
- Experience with communication to large groups and delivering presentations.
- Able to self-motivate and work autonomously with a focus on accomplishing daily and monthly goals.
- Ability to work in a positive team-oriented manner with a variety of people (team members, substitutes, secretaries, principals).
- Enjoy working with people and deliver a high level of customer service.