Overland Park, KS
Position: Project Assistant
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City Metro. Morgan Hunter specializes in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client has an immediate opening for a Project Assistant to provide administrative support as well as manage projects from start to finish.
Qualified candidates will possess strong communication skills and be adaptable to timeline changes.
- Facilitate and coordinate the work of one or more project teams during execution of a national program.
- Create and maintain detailed Excel spreadsheets – track inventory and forecasting data
- Develop and manage project timelines and task lists
- Coordinate all aspects of meeting planning – negotiations with vendors, logistics, arranging entertainment activities, AV equipment, etc.
- Secure quarterly meeting schedule and attendance including location, travel and catering.
- Arrange travel and secure hotel and transportation for quarterly management meetings
- Work closely with leadership to keep them informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities
- Follow up on client needs appropriately. Have a sense for issues occurring and keeping project managers updated
- Determine appropriate course of action or response for incoming issues
- Complete and track contracts, invoices, submittals and estimates
- Purchase office and project materials, schedule deliveries
- Create reports and presentations in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous administrative experience
- Experience managing multiple tasks, projects, documents, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving and organization skills
- Excellent attendance record in previous positions