Overland Park, KS
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City Metro. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client seeking a Product Manager to join their team. The Product Manager will investigate, create, drive, and manage a variety of products and product functionality, and provide a clear path for the products, outlining goals as well as potential risks, challenges, and opportunities. The Product Manager will represent the needs of end-users, evaluate market trends and competition, and use this information to determine the products and features to expand for the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build products from existing ideas and develop new ideas based on industry experience and customer/prospect insights.
- Analyze product performance at a granular level, identifying opportunity areas to increase the profitability of existing products and develop new products.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research and support by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Develop, and then be the day to day project leader responsible for implementing, a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Provide a clear plan for the product, outlining goals as well as potential risks, challenges, and opportunities. Present strategy to partners and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the business analysts to define detailed requirements and the technology team to facilitate the development of any new products or product functionality through the loan management system/POS.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that may include all internal departments; analytics, finance, technology, field sales, etc.
- Spend quality time in the market to understand the problems of the customers and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- 5-10+ years of product design/management/analysis experience.
- Experience emanating from the financial services industry (i.E. Banking, consumer finance, insurance, credit card, etc.) a strong plus, but not required.
- A background in product lifecycle management, including product design, analysis, and recommendations (e.G. Pricing, loan range, term, fees, and value proposition).
- Product distribution experience including new and existing markets, online channels, new countries).
- Strong background in conducting consumer research and competitive analysis.
- Must possess excellent project and time management skills along with excellent oral and written communication ability.
- Knowledge of finance and/or marketing, data analytics, analysis and reporting of the product performance and ROI.
- Bachelor’ s degree in finance, marketing, or business management.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.