Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Kansas City, MO
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client has an immediate opening for a Payroll and Benefits Specialist. This position ensures that all aspects of Payroll and Benefits are maintained, processed, recorded and expedited in a timely, accurate and compliant manner. This position creates and maintains records and tools that will support and enhance the collection and processing of compensation data and programs.
Payroll and Benefits Specialist responsibilities include:
- Processes payroll by finalizing time and attendance records and handling the production and issuance of paycheck or electronic transfer to bank accounts.
- Performs payroll and benefits new employee orientation.
- Maintains familiarity with company benefits plans; acts as first point of contact for all employee benefits inquiries.
- Administers the benefits side of the HRIS system, approving employee benefit transactions.
- Assist with processing claims for workers' compensation, disability and leave administration.
- Coordinates and may complete required reports, audits, fillings for payroll and benefits.
- Oversees the maintenance of confidential employee files and records.
Payroll and Benefits Specialist requirements include:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor’ s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years processing payroll experience is required; manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of ADP and Kronos service software required.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of payroll regulations, payroll taxes.
- Must have some experience in maintaining records within an HRIS/payroll system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employee benefits programs is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting software, MS Office, and Payroll software.