Overland Park, KS
Morgan Hunter is one of the largest and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client, who has been recognized as one of the Kansas City area’ s best places to work, has an immediate opening for a Payroll Manager. The Payroll Manager will oversee and direct all aspects of the payroll process ensuring timely, accurate and effective processing of payroll disbursements for all employees in multiple states.
Payroll Manager responsibilities include:
- Process semi-monthly pay periods within ADP, including monthly commission calculations and entering any employee changes regarding tax withholdings and direct deposit setup.
- Handle the submission of timecards into payroll each pay period.
- Integrate monthly payroll records into Great Plains from ADP.
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual filings.
- Facilitate process of registering with new states and filing paperwork as needed for withdrawing from states.
- Process all year end payroll gross-ups.
- Administer annual work comp audit.
- Prepare all monthly compensation reporting for management.
- Calculate and remit employee benefits: 401(K) EE and ER contributions and AD&D/Voluntary Life.
- Determine 401(K) and ESOP plan eligibility, assist with requirements for annual audits, prepare year-end audit schedules and review census reporting for use in semi-annual valuations.
- Work directly with HR and employees as needed to resolve payroll issues.
Payroll Manager requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field.
- Three or more years corporate payroll experience, preferably in a lead role.
- ADP experience is required.
- Multi-site experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word, and other computer applications.