Gardner Area, KS
Our client is a rapidly-growing company that focuses on creating exceptional customer value by continually demonstrating our commitment to accuracy and innovation, while providing superior customer service to their multiple locations throughout the United States.
They are seeking a Payroll Coordinator to be responsible for accurate and timely processing of biweekly payroll, runs reports and conducts audits for various areas of the business and is the subject matter expert on their HRIS system.
Payroll Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Prepares and processes biweekly payroll for 300 multi-state employees; ensures compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal wage and hour laws.
- Reviews and ensures accuracy of approved timesheets and calculates and processes pay adjustments.
- Inputs payroll deductions, bonuses, expense reimbursements into the HRIS System for payroll processing; processes employee garnishments and child support orders.
- Partners with Benefits Administrator on Leave of Absence and Benefits as they relate to payroll.
- Processes 401(k) deferral and loan changes in HRIS for payroll and creates and uploads HSA contribution file to carrier website for deposit into employee accounts.
- Assists employees with questions or issues related to pay, deposit accounts, and tax elections.
- Maintains HRIS system settings by making updates to payroll, taxes, time and attendance, company documents, and other areas of the system. Partners with subject matter experts for updates to onboarding, recruiting, benefits, learning management, and other areas of HRIS.
- Manages Attendance Policy and PTO Policy Compliance. Submits discipline to managers as required.
- Partners with Finance department to provide payroll data for General Liability, Worker’ s Compensation, and Financial audits.
- Partners with Benefits Administrator on 401(k) audits and Open Enrollment setup in HRIS.
Payroll Coordinator requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field (experience may be substituted for Degree).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Payroll Manager/Coordinator role with full payroll processing responsibilities and maintaining employee records and system setup within an HRIS/payroll system.
- Intermediate knowledge of payroll regulations, payroll taxes, and garnishments.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office: Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel, Basic Outlook and Microsoft Word.
- Prior experience managing or implementing new HRIS System is preferred.
- Prior project administration/manager experience is preferred.
- Prior experience processing payroll for multiple states, including California is preferred.