Payroll & HRIS Manager
Morgan Hunter is one of the largest and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Payroll & HRIS Manager to manage and oversee payroll, HRIS and compensation strategy and administration for multiple states. The Manager is responsible for providing leadership, planning, project coordination and management for the development of payroll and compensation practices and utilizing HRIS systems to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations to meet current and future business needs.
Payroll & HRIS Manager responsibilities include:
- Manages biweekly multistate payroll processing; ensuring payroll is properly prepared.
- Responsible for compiling data to fulfill audit requirements, legal reporting and compliance requirements.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revisions as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends.
- Administers compensation programs including salary ranges, job evaluation, incentive programs, analysis and policy interpretation. Supports the business in the design of specific compensation-related trends.
- Manages the HRIS system with day-to-day activities to support ADP Workforce Now.
- Serves as an interface between internal/external customers and the functional team members to ensure effective definition of and delivery of HRIS applications to automate and streamline processes.
- Recruits, trains, motivates and manages a team of payroll and compensation professionals.
Payroll & HRIS Manager requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance or related field.
- 7 years of leading full cycle payroll in a multiple-state environment and HRIS and compensation functions.
- Professional payroll certification (CPP) preferred.
- Proficiency with ADP Workforce Now HRIS including ATS, performance management, and self-service modules is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.