Human Resources Manager
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment for their newly created Human Resources Manager position. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for staffing, employee relations, training and development, compensation, performance management, and other HR functions. In addition, will act as a key adviser to management on Human Resource issues by identifying problem areas, proposing solutions to correct any issues, and executing those solutions in a timely manner.
Human Resources Manager responsibilities include:
- Ensure all members of management consistently apply all policies and regulations in a consistent manner by performing periodic audits of employee related actions.
- Advise and provide guidance to department managers on best human capital management practices, including performance reviews, staff development, constructive counseling and time and attendance in accordance with internal policies and legal requirements.
- Assist all members of management in communicating expected goals and objectives to their direct reports and involve all employees in decision-making processes in which they can have a direct positive impact.
- Manage the recruitment process for all hiring, for both internal and external job postings, in consultation with the management team; provide onboarding and orientations as required; devise retention strategies for all employees and complete exit interviews.
- Ensure all governmental and regulatory requirements are met by maintaining accurate records, submit all reports in a timely manner and insisting that all employees follow the required legal guidelines without deviation.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job descriptions for all positions.
- Create, revise and develop policies and procedures as necessary (in conjunction with management) and ensure that all communications surrounding these policies are clear and documented
- Manage all work-related leave of absence cases and claims
- Responsible for Payroll & Benefits, ensure compliance with all payroll and benefits related issues.
Human Resources Manager requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 5 years of Human Resources experience, including full cycle recruiting, employee relations, and organization training and development experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and Kansas state laws regarding employment practices and hiring best practices.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, etc.).
- Human Resource professional certification is a plus.