Human Resources Manager
Morgan Hunter is one of the largest and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Human Resources Manager. The HR Manager is responsible for building business partner relationships based on trust and credibility, and the flawless execution of HR programs, policies, and practices so that quality objectives and deadlines are met successfully. This position is located in the Minneapolis, MN area.
Human Resources Manager responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic direction and input to business leaders regarding overall Human Resource strategies that support the culture, company direction, and the growth needs of the business and employees.
- Work collaboratively with internal clients to develop timely programs and tools to drive business goals; provides feedback on implementation and utilization of tools to ensure flawless execution; responsible for representing the client's needs.
- Ensure compliance of all employment/labor laws through programs, practices, policies, investigations, training, and actions.
- Ensure that performance assessments are calibrated with department and business results.
- Provide expert advice, coaching, and counsel to leaders and employees on HR programs, policy and procedures, employment/labor laws, conflict resolution, change management, diversity, and organizational development and design to promote a fair and equitable work environment.
- Respond to customer concerns around performance management, improvement, harassment, discrimination, misconduct, employee safety, teamwork, etc.
- Maintain current and complete understanding of Federal and State; protects company's interests by ensuring all legal requirements for equal employment and compliance are met by keeping informed of changes in these areas and by implementing the necessary practices/programs to meet these changes.
Human Resources Manager requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 5 years of progressive human resources related work experience with an emphasis in employee relations and organizational development.
- Manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and business partnering skills along with project management and program development skills; effective partnering with stakeholders to achieve success in attracting and retaining the best talent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and payroll systems.