Human Resources Manager
Kansas City, MO
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Human Resources Manager to provide a broad range of HR support with business objectives, strategic goals, and Human Resource initiatives. The HR Manager will meet objectives which include talent acquisition, training, compensation and benefits and HR operations for this multi-site, multi-state organization.
Human Resources Manager responsibilities include:
- Serve as the internal business partner, delivering comprehensive human resources programs, initiatives and solutions to the functional areas of the organization in support of key business strategies.
- Serve on the leadership team; develop, lead and be responsible for providing strategies and tactical human resources support for the field organization.
- Provide proactive, innovative, customer-focused HR solutions that are aligned with business objectives. Solutions and strategies encompass recruitment, retention, compensation decisions, total rewards, benefits and LOA practices, talent development, performance management, succession planning, employee coaching, project management, employee relations, change management and EEO/Affirmative Action responsibilities.
- Support employee relations issues to ensure compliance from both a legal and company policy perspective.
- Facilitates leadership development and key talent retention efforts; supports performance management and employee recognition and rewards programs.
- Works with management to define talent management needs and partners with L&D to develop succession plans.
- Provides support and training to the field for annual performance appraisals; coaches management with employee performance and advises with corrective action.
Human Resources Manager requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field is required.
- 5 or more years progressive Human Resource experience with familiarization with HR foundations such as Compensation, Employee Relations, Compliance, Talent Recruiting and Organizational Development.
- Cosmetic, salon or beauty industry experience is required.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, prioritize and effectively execute multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience creating highly effective human resources processes and providing value-added solutions in support of high performing, results-oriented teams.