Human Resources Generalist
Overland Park, KS
Morgan Hunter is one of the largest and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Human Resources Generalist. The HR Generalist contributes to the company’ s goals and objectives. The HR Generalist will support the day to day transactions and policy administration relating to all phases of the employee life cycle activities and assist with recruiting.
Human Resources Generalist responsibilities include:
- Interview job applicants; review application/resume; evaluate applicant skills and make recommendations regarding applicant's qualifications.
- Design and conduct new employee orientations.
- Provide coaching, advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Maintain personnel files, both electronic and written and other HR departmental files.
- Manage employee relations, assisting operations leadership in performance management, organizational development and providing guidance & support to all Team Members.
- Assists associates with employee benefits related issues including interfacing with insurance broker and insurance companies. Coordinates annual open enrollment and company health fair.
- Maintains understanding of payroll / timekeeping systems and processing procedures (ADP) and assists associates in the resolution of pay – related issues.
Human Resources Generalist requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development.
- Three to five plus years of progressive experience in Human Resources positions, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training, preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification desirable.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.