Human Resources Generalist
Overland Park, KS
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Human Resources Generalist. This position is responsible for administering Human Resources related programs, policies, and services for their assigned locations. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Human Resources Generalist responsibilities include:
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner.
- Administers the compensation program. Completes compensation program evaluation on a regular basis.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed, reviews applications and interviews.
- Acts as an employee relations specialist; coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources, Communications or Business.
- 3 years of experience gained through increasingly responsible positions within Human Resources.
- Demonstrated experience with an HRIS system.
- Proficient in MS Office suite software.