Human Resources Generalist
Morgan Hunter is one of the largest and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Human Resources Generalist. This position supports the Human Resources department in a variety of functions with an emphasis on benefits.
Human Resources Generalist responsibilities include:
- Responsible for administration of all benefit and wellness programs; advise and recommend employee benefit program enhancements and coordinate, design and conduct benefits orientations.
- Assist with disciplinary action review and tracking.
- Assist with maintaining documents in document control system; job descriptions, org charts, records, forms, SOP’ s.
- Assist with creating, updating and maintaining job titles and codes in all applicable HR systems.
- Function as Department Safety Officer.
- Assist with identifying and coordination of department and corporate training.
- Ensure that employment related practices are consistent with EEOC and DOL guidelines pertaining to ADA, FMLA, ADEA, TITLE VII and other Federal, State and local employment regulations.
- Assist with employee event planning.
- Serve as back up to all HR functions as needed.
Human Resources Generalist requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline.
- 2years of progressively responsible Human Resources experience required with a focus on employee benefits.
- Knowledge of EEO, ADA, FMLA, HIPAA, COBRA, FCRA and other employment related law is preferred.
- HRIS and ADP experience is preferred.