Human Resources Director
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Director of Human Resources. This position reports directly to the CEO and acts a trusted business partner and advisor to the senior leadership team through forecasting talent challenges impacting business strategy, shaping and implementing people strategies and organizational change, delivering solutions and promoting a workplace culture that aligns with the business strategy.
Director of Human Resources responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's human resource functions and performance to include Recruiting, Employee Services, Employee Relations, Benefits, Compensation, HRIS and Workers Compensation.
- Participate in the development of the company’ s plans and programs as a strategic partner, particularly from the perspective of the impact on people, and translate these strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Develop and implement staffing strategies and programs to identify both internal and extern talent.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the corporation.
- Ensure compensation and benefits programs provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the corporation.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce human resources policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
Director of Human Resources requirements include:
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business or related field is required; a Master’ s degree is preferred.
- 7 years’ functional HR experience, including 3+ years’ leading a team of HR professionals.
- Human Resources Certification is preferred.
- Balanced experience in all HR disciplines, including but not limited to, recruiting, compensation and benefits, regulatory compliance, and employee relations, ideally in a multi-location, multi-state environment.