Human Resources Business Partner
Kansas City, MO
Morgan Hunter is one of the largest and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner. The Human Resources Business Partner will lead day to day human resources support for designated locations and will be responsible for aligning HR and business objectives with employees and management in those offices/business units. The position serves as an expert consultant to management and staff on human resource-related issues.
Human Resources Business Partner responsibilities include:
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.G., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Ensures compliance with the changing HR laws impacting the designated offices/regions.
Human Resources Business Partner requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 5 years of progressive human resources related work experience with an emphasis in employee relations and organizational development.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Manufacturing experience is preferred.