Human Resources Manager
Kansas City, KS
Opportunity available for a newly created Human Resources Manager position. Our client is expected to double in size and is seeking an individual to join their management team to help create and support their infrastructure. The Human Resource Manager will develop policy and direct human resources activities related to employment, compensation, HRIS, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services.
Human Resources Manager responsibilities include:
- Develops competitive compensation plan and creates and administers the performance review process.
- Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Develops and manages the HRIS system.
- Ensures that policies, procedures, and reporting are compliant. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Administers the recruitment process, manages the on-boarding process and conducts new employee orientation.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues and represents the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier and acts as the Safety Director.
Human Resources Manager requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of Human Resource Generalist experience required.
- Experience with a union workforce is preferred.